CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Central Government to set up three CoE in Sports at Itanagar in Arunachal Pradesh
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Youth Affairs and Sports KirenRijiju has informed that central government is going to set-up three Sports Centre of Excellence in Itanagar
- The three centre of excellence will be for Martial Arts, Weight Lifting and Boxing.
- These centres will have a capacity of 300 sportspersons with residential facility.
- The government will also set up 12 to 15 football stadiums with Astro-turf football pitches across the state in the next three years.
- Rijiju further announced that this year Arunachal Pradesh will host the North East Youth Festival
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
J-K government approves Aadhaar-linked payment mode for disbursal of pension
- The Jammu and Kashmir government approved Aadhaar-linked payment mode for disbursal of pension to beneficiaries under various central and state sponsored schemes in order to ensure transparency and avoid delays
- The decision was taken by the State Administrative Council (SAC) which met under the chairmanship of Governor Satya Pal Malik
|Jammu & Kashmir Capital||Jammu & Srinagar|
|Governor||Satya Pal Malik|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
10th edition of World Tamil Conference held in Chicago
- The 10th World Tamil Conference (WTC) will be held in Chicago for four days from July 4-7
- The conference was sponsored by International Association of Tamil Research (IATR), Federation of Tamil Sangams of North America (FeTNA) and Chicago Tamil Sangam (CTS),
- This is the first time a world Tamil conference is being held on the American soil.
- The ninth edition was held at Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia in 2015
- Tamil Nadu Minister for Tamil Official Language and Culture K Pandiarajan released ‘SoottiMagizhvomThamizhPeyargal’, a book containing 46,000 Tamil names
- The book was edited by S. Parthasarathy, founder of Valaithamizh and writer PavalaShankari. Poet Ve. Pathumanar is the publishing editor
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
India successfully tests vertical steep dive version of Brahmos missile
- India has successfully test-fired a vertical deep dive version of the indigenous BrahMos supersonic missile
- CEO of BrahMos Aerospace, Sudhir Kumar Mishra, stated that the upgraded version of the world’s fastest supersonic cruise missile which has an enhanced range of up to 500 km was also ready.
- India has attained the status of becoming the only country in the world to integrate long-range missiles onto fighter jets with the test-firing of the BrahMos missile from a Sukhoi 30 aircraft of the Indian Air Force
BSF launches operation ‘Sudarshan’ to fortify Pakistan border in Punjab and Jammu
- The Border Security Force (BSF) has launched a massive exercise, code named ‘Sudarshan’, to fortify the ‘anti-infiltration grid’ along the Pakistan border in Punjab and Jammu
- The operation was launched on July 1 and will coverthe entire over 1,000-kms length of the India-Pakistan International Border.
- While Jammu shares about 485-kms of the sensitive IB with Pakistan, about 553-kms of the front is in Punjab.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
China’s Li Shi Fengwins the Canada Open Badminton
- India’s ParupalliKashyap lost to Li Shi Feng of China in the men’s singles title clash of the Canada Open
- Kashyap entered the final, defeating Taiwan’s Wang Tzu-wei in a semi-final encounter at Calgary
Hima Das clinches gold in Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland
- Star Indian sprinter Hima Das won her second international gold in women’s 200m with a top finish at the Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland
- National record holder MuhammedAnas also won the gold in men’s 200m race with a time of 21.18 seconds.
- MP Jabir won the gold in men’s 400m hurdles in 50.21 seconds while Jithin Paul was third in 52.26 secs.
Marc Marquez wins seventh consecutive German MotoGP
- Honda rider Marc Marquez extended his lead at the top of the championship with a seventh consecutive victory at the German MotoGP
- He has won every MotoGP in Germany since 2013.
- It is Marquez’ fifth victory in nine races this season which takes him to 185 points in the championship standings
VineshPhogat, DivyaKakran wins gold at Grand Prix of Spain
- India’s top wrestler VineshPhogat won her first gold medal after shifting to 53kg category while DivyaKakran claimed the top honours in the 68kg category at the Grand Prix of Spain.
- World Championship bronze medallist PoojaDhanda (57kg) had to be content with a silver after losing the title clash to Russia’s VeronikaChumikova.
- India finished second with 130 points in team championship behind Russia (165).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Legendary Brazilian musician and songwriter Joao Gilberto passed away
- JoãoGilberto, a Brazilian singer, guitarist and songwriter considered one of the fathers of the bossa nova genre has passed away
- João Gilberto introduced bossa nova to the world in 1958: he created a new beat, with his unique guitar style, mixing traditional samba music with modern jazz influences.